Sunday, January 10, 2010

It almost looks fancy...


We've had some snow since last Thursday. It's not enough to really make much of a difference, but it's pretty. And it almost makes the house look pretty. Aside from the weird landscaping...

We are on the hunt for dining room chairs, but with a teensy budget, we haven't had any luck. We found some we liked at West Elm, but after going there today and trying them out, it was obvious that they were in our price range because they were awful. Note to retail furniture stores, please make sure that your floor models aren't wonky. It doesn't speak well of the merchandise... But I guess we should just be thankful that it was so obvious that they were cheaply made. I guess we'll just keep hunting for the Eames shell chairs that we would really like for the table. They are just so expensive! I keep hoping to find some kind of fluke great deal on them. I'd also like to find a side table for the space between our sofa and wall. We looked some today while looking for chairs, but we don't want to spend any money on a table until we find the chairs... Of course, if I found one at the thrift store, I'd be set. I found some serious jewels last week at the Goodwill, but nothing that I was looking for. They had an AMAZING mid-century stereo cabinet with the record player still in tact, but it was pretty scratched up, and I'm fairly sure the wiring would need some work. Too much of a project for me, but it was only $20. They also had a lovely 1940's deco dresser in a really dark wood with cove drawer pulls. If I had a car that I could jam these things into, I probably would have bought it. But it was still $40... At Kudzu Antiques today, I saw a vintage cookie jar displayed in a booth that I saw at Goodwill last week, and it furthered my aspirations to someday open a booth myself. In the mean time, we are holding steady and not doing much very exciting. Oh, but look at this ADORABLE 1950's Marx dollhouse we gave Roxanne for her birthday. My mom found it in an antique shop in Roswell. I just love it. We aren't really letting her play with it yet because it's made out of tin and the interior is lithographed on, and would probably scratch easily. But she has PLENTY of other toys... (you'll probably need to click the image below to actually see the dollhouse, but I assure you, it's worth it)

No comments:

Post a Comment