Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I won the chairs!

Hmmm, now I'm getting four scuffed chairs. But I've been reading up on some websites (The Brick House, and Chairfag.com, which I realize is kind of an offensive title, but a great chair blog nonetheless) about how to fix them up. I'm so excited I can't stand it! They were definitely more than I wanted to spend, but they are exactly what we wanted, and I saw a similar set (same bases, almost the same color) but that were all shiny and fixed up, sell for literally double what mine cost on eBay. I'm pretty sure the only people bidding on mine were pretty die-hard furniture people who saw their true potential... But thanks to eSnipe and their bid-in-the-last-six-seconds magic, I won them! I feel like kind of a jerk bidding like that, since it keeps the price pretty low, but whatever. The chair still went from 3 to 17 bids in the last hour or so of bidding. Whew!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! I'm looking forward to seeing them & how you fix them up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They are supposed to arrive tomorrow. Then I'll head to Home Depot for Penetrol and sand paper.

    ReplyDelete